I’m super excited for this post! (How unusual. 😛 ) One of my readers recently requested I write about pen pal questions, so here we are. Asking/answering questions in letters (or in life!) helps you connect with and get to know someone better, plus, pro tip: including questions is one secret to making your letters a lot longer and more interesting. 😉 For some of my pen pals, we insert a list of questions in the letter, and for others, we just ask questions as they come up about whatever subject we’re on.
Today I’m going to give you a ginormous list of 100 questions to ask your pen pal – some serious, some funny, all across a variety of topics and categories. If you’re at a loss for what to write, try some of these! I’ll also stick in a little happy mail/envelope art inspo along the way. 😉 Alright, let’s do this!
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR PEN PALS
1. If you had to talk for fifteen minutes about something, what would it be?
2. What is something you wish you could change about the world?
3. Favorite ice cream flavor?
4. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
5. What colors do you wear, mainly?
6. Do you prefer writing things down digitally or on paper?
7. What are a few things that remind you of your childhood?
8. What is your favorite and least favorite part of ____ (whatever season you’re in)?
9. What stresses you out?
10. Are you more of a girly-girl or a tomboy?
11. What is your middle name?
12. What are your favorite girl or boy names?
13. What does your morning/evening routine look like?
14. What’s something you’re oddly passionate about?
15. Do you have any hidden talents?
16. Which freaks you out the most: mice/rats, bugs, spiders, or snakes?
17. What is your greatest fear?
18. What is your favorite color scheme?
19. How do you spend your free time?
20. What are a few of your favorite Bible verses or quotes?
21. What are your thoughts on social media?
22. Do you like wearing makeup?
23. What makes you really sad?
24. What are some things that make you really happy?
25. What do you daydream about?
26. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
27. What do you believe about ____? (God, relationships, current issues, etc.)
28. What are your thoughts on personality typing?
29. What does eating healthy mean to you?
30. What would be the tastiest meal, in your opinion?
31. Have you broken any bones or gotten stitches?
32. How tall are you?
33. What was one of the scariest moments/days of your life?
34. Do you like wearing jewelry?
35. What was the highlight of your day?
36. If you could travel anywhere for free, where would you go?
37. What kind of car or truck do you want to get?
38. What would your dream house look like?
39. What “aesthetic” do you love?
40. What style of decor do you love? (i.e. farmhouse, modern, vintage, etc.)
41. Are you a hugger?
42. Do you like music? How do you usually enjoy it? (i. e. singing, listening, playing)
43. Do you play any instruments?
44. How many siblings do you have?
45. Do you have a big or small extended family?
46. Does your family have any inside jokes?
47. What is one thing you’re excited for and one thing you’re afraid of in the future?
48. What are a few of your favorite movies?
49. Does your family have any ____ traditions? (i. e. summer, Christmas, weekend, etc.)
50. What are some of your favorite memories?
51. What are a few of your favorite books?
52. Do you prefer real books, e-books, or audiobooks?
53. What is something you’re struggling with right now?
54. What is something you’re super excited about right now?
55. Do you like nicknames? Do you have any?
56. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
57. Beach or mountains?
58. One unpopular opinion you have?
59. What do your vacations usually look like?
60. How do you say ____? (i. e. “pecan,” “soda/pop/soft drink/etc.” “supper vs. dinner”)
61. Where have you traveled?
62. How would your friends describe you?
63. What do you think people’s first impression of you is?
64. How do you want to be remembered?
65. What are a few words that describe you?
66. Do you write your letters over a long period or all at once?
67. Do you prefer writing with pencils or pens?
68. What is your favorite craft/art supply?
69. What are a few of your favorite songs or artists right now?
70. Math or science?
71. What is your favorite thing to do with friends?
72. What is your love language?
73. What is your favorite and least favorite chore?
74. What are a couple of your pet peeves?
75. Where do you usually write letters?
76. What is your favorite animal?
77. What are your hobbies or interests? (i. e. reading, horseback riding, architecture, art, etc.)
78. Do you have any pets?
79. Do you put water on your toothbrush before or after the toothpaste?
80. Do you like pineapple on pizza?
81. What does your week normally look like?
82. Do you live in the city, country, or somewhere in between?
83. What are a few things you’re grateful for right now?
84. What do you imagine your life will look like in ten years?
85. Who are your role models?
86. If you could meet with any person, past or present, who would it be?
87. What is your favorite and least favorite thing about your appearance?
88. What is your favorite and least favorite part of your character/personality?
89. What would a perfect day look like to you?
90. What is your favorite flower?
91. Do you have a favorite number?
92. Do you imagine shapes, numbers, days of the week to have colors or personalities?
93. What color is your hair? Your eyes?
94. What is the view out the nearest window?
95. If you could take any class you wanted, what would it be on?
96. What makes you cry?
97. What makes you laugh?
98. What is your favorite snack?
99. When do you usually get up, and go to bed?
100. How can I pray for you?
Need even more questions? Check out my second post here:
Otherwise, that’s it, guys! Here are a couple of graphics if you’d like to pin your favorite list(s) for future reference, or print it out to check off as you go. 🙂
I hope you guys enjoyed that list and the happy mail inspiration mixed in. 🙂 (If you want an easy way to take your happy mail to the next level, check out the decorated envelopes here on my Etsy shop.) This post was honestly so much fun to put together! Would you like to see more like it in the future?
I challenge you to pick a number from 1-100 and answer that question in the comments. 😀
Thanks so much for reading, dears, and have a lovely day!
P. S. Photos taken with my Nikon D3400 and a 35mm lens.