You guys get a bonus post today, because this is the last week of SBG challenges! Keep up the amazing work, everyone! We hosts have really enjoyed watching you complete challenges and cheer each other on. 😀
This time I’ve highlighted a couple of special announcements and things that will happen a bit differently this week, so be on the lookout for the yellow blocks in this post. 🙂 (Note: please read this post on my actual blog for best results with formatting and such. 😉 ) Ready?
Let’s give a round of applause to the top ten contestants so far. Woop woop!
10: Saege Edevane – 301 points
9: Rebbeca~Joy – 303 points
8: Hattush – 311 points
7: Sara Abbott – 312 points
6: Jehosheba – 313 points
5: Fiona: 318 points
4: Peyton – 360 points
3: Jo – 365 points
2: Avery – 406 points
1: Laura – 425 points
WOW, great job, guys! I can’t believe how many challenges you completed. O.o Now, ready for the last challenges of the year?
You have until the end of this week to complete however many of the 35 challenges below you wish to do. This is the only week that you’ll be able to complete these challenges. When you’ve completed all the challenges you’d like to for the week, submit your points using the survey included near the end of this post. Please try to submit your results just once per week. I suggest waiting until the end of the week to submit the survey. The number at the end of each challenge is how many points you’ll earn for that challenge.
- Eat a hotdog or hamburger with jelly/jam as one of the toppings. 4
- Buy someone a book. (Hint, if you don’t want to spend a lot just find one on thriftbooks.com or a similar store!) 4
- Photograph something you never have before. 2
- Sort your sock drawer. 2
- Get someone to color a page in a coloring book with you. 2
- Create a poem using words cut out of magazines/newspapers. 3
- Spend an entire car ride playing the alphabet game. 4
- Leave a note in one of your favorite library books saying why you like it. 3
- Don’t blink for two minutes. (MP) 10
- Pop every bubble on a piece of bubble wrap that’s at least as big as a piece of printer paper in less than five minutes. 3
- Get/make and give a refreshing drink to someone other than family (construction worker, someone who works outside, neighbor, friend). 4
- Visit a local rest home/assisted living. Bring goodies or play music or just visit. (MP) 10
- Learn how to do the Virginia Reel with a few friends or siblings. 4
- Make up your own smoothie, write down the recipe, and drink it outside – the smoothie, not the recipe. 4
- Choose a subject that you’re not good at drawing and work on improving. 3
- Mix diet coke and mentos together. 3
- Listen to a genre of music you’ve rarely listened to before. 2
- Make art with sidewalk chalk. 1
- Learn one of these skills this week: https://www.businessinsider.com/skills-you-can-learn-in-week-2016-12 3
- Feed birds (this includes ducks and geese) at a park or wherever your local birds happen to reside. 4
- Make lunch or breakfast for your family four times. (MP) 10
- Write a letter to the welcome center of your favorite state. They’ll usually write back! 2
- Make a life-sized, full body portrait of yourself using only objects from nature. (MP) 10
- Draw a map for a place in one of your favorite books. 2
- Write a five-paragraph essay about the history of your hometown. (MP) 10
- Stick a paper bumblebee to the ceiling and see how long it takes someone to notice it. 2
- Write/paint “you rock” on a rock and leave it in a grocery store. 2
- Jump instead of walking/running everywhere you go for an hour. (You can’t just sit the whole time. 😉 ) 4
- Draw different emojis on a piece of paper, cut them out, and tape them to every doorknob in your house. 2
- Celebrate National Vanilla Ice Cream Day on July 23rd. 3
- Send/give a birthday card to someone who just had or is having a birthday. 2
- Incorporate a random real life object (a feather, dried bean, sticker, coin, etc.) in a drawing. Example: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/637822365957762586/ 1
- Randomly yell “THANK YOU!” when someone tells you something. 1
- Recreate your favorite book cover using any art medium. 3
- Send in your own ideas for new challenges we could use next year using the survey at the end of this post. 4
Guess what? Clara, Megan, and K. A. have decided to join you guys for the last week of challenges and compete with each other to see how many they can do! (I’m going to be the unofficial scorekeeper and documenter of progress. XD) Don’t worry, we won’t count their points – they’re just racing for fun. 😉 Cheer them on in the comments and tell me who you think will win!
If you have any SBG-related questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at summerboredgames(at)gmail(dot)com. We’re happy to help!
If you’d like to print off a checklist for this week, CLICK HERE. A checklist is super helpful to keep track of all the challenges when you’re on the go!
Here are a few of my favorites from the many lovely photos people sent in this week.
From Jehoshaba: HAHA, this picture just makes me smile. XD Yikes, that looks coooold!
From Averey: Isn’t this picture so pretty, guys? The light! *heart eyes*
From Chloe: Chloe says cloud watching is very good for long car trips. 🙂
From Fiona: Fiona trained her pet Batchick to do tricks!
From Fiona: I love this picture! That looks like such a fun photo booth. 🙂
From Sara: Oh my goodness, guys, doesn’t this ice cream look amazing??
From Sara: Doesn’t this picture make you want to grin? Fun fact – I’m not very ticklish at all. O.o Are you?
From Rosy: Such a pretty sky!
From Laura: HAHA, THIS IS AMAZING. It almost made me laugh out loud. :’D
From Laura: This is the cutest photo booth! ❤
From Laura: I’ll bet this smiling pup brightened the car owner’s day!
From Rachel: This cloud reminded Rachel of an ocean liner. Yeah, I can see that! What do you think it looks like?
BONUS POINTS: Don’t forget to send in photos of your challenge adventures and collect points by emailing us at summerboredgames( at )gmail( dot )com! We’ll pick our favorite photos to include in the next post. (If you’re just completing the challenges just for fun and haven’t signed up, we’d still love to see your photos!)
Have you completed all the challenges you’d like to do for this week? Hooray! Just click the image below to submit your points:
You have until 11:59 PM EST on July 28th to complete as many challenges as you can and submit your points. Have fun, everyone!
WAIT, before you go… we’d love to hear how we could improve SBG next year, or what you liked about it this year! Submit your own challenge ideas to get points for Challenge #35 this week.
Are you enjoying SBG so far? Which challenge are you most excited for this week? Which of the hosts do you think will complete the most challenges? 😛
Thanks for reading, dears, and have a lovely day!